Meta Messaging Referrals are specific inbound-only messages that are triggered once your end-user:
- Clicks on an m.me link with a referral parameter
- Clicks on a Facebook Messenger conversation advertisement
- Starts or resumes a conversation thread from the Facebook Chat Plugin
Table of content
- Before getting started
- Managing Messenger Referrals in Flow Builder
- Messenger Referrals Variables
- Messenger Referrals Developers Documentation
Before getting started
Before starting, you’ll need:
Managing Messenger Referrals in Flow Builder
The rich automation capabilities of Flow Builder enable you to create a Flow scenario, depending on your use case, of how you want to handle these inbound messages.
Let's say you have created a Facebook Messenger conversation advertisement with a Get Started call to action, initiating a Messenger conversation:
1) Create a new Flow, with the Facebook Messenger incoming message as the trigger:
2) Choose the Messenger channel you have set up to start the Flow:
3) Create the desired automation scenario of the Flow, be it replying to the end-users message via a customized chatbot Flow, collecting inputs into an external Google Sheet, or managing the conversation in Inbox.
Messenger Referrals Variables
Meta Messaging Referrals have a set of variables that can be exploited in Flow Builder. Variables starting with:
conversationMessageFacebookReferralcorrespond to messages from m.me link with a referral parameter and Facebook Chat Plugin
conversationMessageFacebookReferralAdrelate to values populated when end-users click on call to action on Facebook Ads.
Messenger Referrals Developers Documentation
📤 Feel free to contact our Support in case you might need some help!