Your WhatsApp Business display name, it is how your business name will be associated to your phone number, if you have an official business account this will be shown to your customers. After it is approved, you'll be able to change it under WhatsApp settings.
Depending on whether you have an Official Business Account (OBA), the flow to change the display name is different:
Changing your display name
To change your display name in WhatsApp Manager:
- Go to your Business Manager and select your business, then click the hamburger menu:
- Click WhatsApp Manager:
- Select the account that you want to change the display name for and click on WhatsApp Manager:
- Click the blue link and select the phone number you wish to update the display name:
- Under the Name column, hover over your current display name and click the pencil icon.
- In the Edit Display Name section, enter a new display name. Display names should have a relationship with your business and use branding consistent with external sources (e.g. your website).
- Select Next.
Your display name will need to be approved by WhatsApp before an updated certificate becomes available. After this is approved, please let us know, so we can install the new channel and update the certificate.
Your business can change the display names up to 4 times in a 30-day period. Once the 30-day period is up, a new 30-day period begins and your businesses can again change the display names up to 4 times in this new 30-day period.