You may encounter this error after attempting to register a number in the WhatsApp phone/ mobile app that has been registered in the WhatsApp API with MessageBird or another Business Service Provider:
If you wish to return solely to the mobile app, please continue reading, otherwise, please keep in mind phone numbers deleted from an Enterprise or Business API account cannot be used again for another Enterprise or Business API account, If you wish to connect your number to another WhatsApp Manager, please review Migrating WhatsApp Business from another provider (BSP) or Migrating to another provider (BSP) depending on your case.
You must be a Business admin in order to be able to complete these steps.
1. Go to your Business Settings page,
2. Go to Settings > Business Settings > WhatsApp Accounts > WhatsApp Manager
3. From the WhatsApp Manager, find the phone number that you wish to delete:
4. Click on the trash icon under Delete:
5. Please provide the password for the Facebook account if prompted to do so, and confirm.
To keep in mind:
- There is no way to back up conversations or contacts, so we advise saving your contacts prior to the removal of the number.
- You won't be able to remove this phone number if you have sent messages in the last 30 days, you will be redirected to the Insights page showing the date of the last paid message. Furthermore, you will be able to delete the phone number 30 days after this date.
If you run into any issues or have further questions, please contact support via this form, we will be happy to help!