This article entails the process to install MessageBird for Salesforce Sales and Service Cloud from AppExchange.
Before you get started, take a look at what you need to set this up.
- A MessageBird account
- A Salesforce Enterprise (or higher) license with Lightning support
- Access to the SMS and WhatsApp Business channels
- Administrative access to Salesforce — as Salesforce for MessageBird is not a Salesforce license
- MyDomain configured for Salesforce
- Your MessageBird Access Key and Signing Key
- Go to the Salesforce AppExchange and search for MessageBird.
- Choose Messagebird for Salesforce: Multichannel Conversations & Messaging.
- On the purchase page of the app, click Get Now in the bottom-right of your screen to purchase the app from AppExchange and start the installation.
- A pop-up will open. Choose whether you want to install the MessageBird package in the Sandbox or in the Production environment.
- Installation details will be prompted, where you can define access for this package. This means defining which Business Units the users in the SFSSC account are able to use in this package. You can install it for Admins Only (recommended), for All Users, or for specific profiles. Select the option you want, click Confirm, then click Install!
- A pop-up will open. The pop-up will ask you to confirm that you want to grant third-party access to MessageBird. Make sure all of the boxes are checked, click Continue to start the installation to start, and then click Done.
And that’s it! You will now be able to see the MessageBird Package on your Installed Packages.
As the next step, you will need to configure the application. Please read this help center article on how to configure the MessageBird for Salesforce application.