Instagram accounts with larger followings may deal with a lot of noise from story mentions. Using Flow Builder, you can filter out story mentions from other Instagram messages and automate the response so that your teams can focus on users that require more attention.
Follow the steps below to set up a filter so that story mentions do not reach your agents:
- Log in to your MessageBird Dashboard and navigate to Flow Builder.
- Click Create new Flow, then click Create Custom Flow.
- On the next screen, select Omnichannel as the trigger, then click Next.
- On the right-hand side of your screen, a configuration panel will appear, which will show you every available channel for this flow. Select the Instagram channel(s) that you want to configure, then click Save.
- Below your Instagram Omnichannel trigger, click the + symbol to create a new step.
- From the list of steps, search for and select Branch. A configuration panel will appear on the right.
- From the dropdown menu, select Message Content to create a new branch. Branching conditions will appear in the configuration panel.
- In the first dropdown menu, select incomingMessage. In the second dropdown menu, select is empty or not set, as shown in the image below. This will ensure that your flow will filter out story mentions before they reach your agents.
- It's good practice to acknowledge any incoming story mentions with an automatic reply. Click the + sign below the incomingMessage branch of your filter, and select Reply to channel message from the list.
- In the step configuration panel, select Text from the Message type drop-down, then enter your message in the Reply with message field. Take a look at the image below, where we've set up the message response to read ‘Love this! Thanks for tagging us.’
- Click Save to return to the flow.
- Below the Else branch, click on the + symbol.
- Add an action step, such as Create Inbox ticket to tell Flow Builder what to do with messages that aren't story mentions. You can add as many steps as you need.
- Configure this step as required, then click Save.
- When you're ready for your flow to go live, click Publish on the top right-hand corner of your screen!