Only Owners and Admins can add contacts to Inbox via a CSV file.
Prepare your file
When preparing your file for upload, please be aware of the following:
- You can import a maximum of 100,000 contacts
- The file must be a .CSV file with commas as separators
- Headers must be named: phone, email, firstName, lastName, displayName. You can include custom attributes that you want to include in the contact. To do this, create a header with the name of the attribute you’d like to add. Eg: custom:account_id.
If you are unsure how to format your file, we have an example file available for download at the bottom of the Import Contacts pop-up, which you can also access on this page.
Upload your contacts
- Log in to Inbox.
- Click the Contacts icon on the sidebar.
- Click Import Contacts. A pop-up window will appear.
- Drag your CSV file into the blue box, or click the box to select and upload from your device.
- Once your file has been uploaded, Inbox will tell you the total number of records uploaded and give you a breakdown of how many contacts succeded, duplicates, or failed.
- Click Complete to finish uploading your contacts to Inbox!
- You'll now be able to see your newly added Inbox contacts.