- What is the WhatsApp Business API?
- Which businesses can use the WhatsApp Business API?
- How long will it take to receive a WhatsApp for Business account?
- What does it mean to be a Verified WhatsApp Service Provider?
What is the WhatsApp Business API?
The WhatsApp Business API allows medium to large businesses to send large volumes of messages over WhatsApp. You are able to automate business processes and customise your setup. Using the Business API opens up the possibility of integrating with other systems such as customer relationship software. WhatsApp Business API must be used via an official Facebook partner, such as MessageBird.
Which businesses can use the WhatsApp Business API?
WhatsApp Business solutions can be used by enterprises of all sizes that want to manage conversations with their customers and provide useful information quickly and easily. Generally, the WhatsApp Business App is used by small to medium sized businesses, whereas the WhatsApp Business API is created for medium to large sized businesses. For further information please see this article: WhatsApp Business App vs. WhatsApp Business API
Some of the most common use cases are:
- Alerts for travel itinerary changes, system outages, location-targeted alerts
- Notifications about orders or deliveries, appointment reminders, payment processing
- Customer support to initiate in-depth conversations
Note that the following business verticals are not allowed on the WhatsApp Business API:
- Adult content
- Animal sales, including live animals, livestock, or any parts of animals
- Digital subscription and digital content
- Drugs or related products
- Weapons, ammunition, explosives
How long will it take to receive a WhatsApp for Business account?
To use the business API you must be approved by WhatsApp, this is out of MessageBird’s control. The waiting time for approval is case-specific. You can track the status of your application in the MessageBird Dashboard.
Once approved by WhatsApp, the onboarding process will take a couple of days; this is due to the verification process for numbers and Template Messages required by WhatsApp.
What does it mean to be a Verified WhatsApp Service Provider?
MessageBird is a verified service provider of the official WhatsApp Business API. Being an official Facebook Partner allows us to offer WhatsApp Business as part of our omni-channel communications platform. To learn more about this partnership, take a look at the Facebook Business Partner Directory here.