This article will show you how to structure a phone call flow that automatically sends all call details to a third party platform or database once the call has ended.
Step one: Set up MessageBird
Before you can start to build a flow, you'll need to complete the following steps:
Step two: Connect everything in the MessageBird Dashboard
Follow these steps to quickly set up a call recording and transcript retrieval flow:
- Download the pre-made voice recording and transcription retrieval flow
- Log in to your MessageBird Dashboard
- Navigate to Flow Builder
- Click on Import flow and import the voice recording and transcription retrieval flow
- Click on the Phone Call step to open the step settings, and select your newly purchased phone number as the listening number
- Save the edits you've made to the Phone Call step
- Click Publish to publish your flow
- Test your flow by dialing your new number!
Once the call is complete, you will receive an email from Flow Builder that contains all of the following call details:
- Call originator
- Call cost (in USD)
- Call duration
- Call timestamp
- The voice recording download URL
- The transcript recording download URL
- The transcript text
Take a look at the screenshot below to see an example email.