This article will show you how to use a pre-made flow to automatically detect and the language used in a customer's reply, and translate responses accordingly.
Step one: Set up MessageBird and a communication channel
Before you can set up the pre-made flow, you'll need to make sure you have a MessageBird account and a suitable channel to use in the flow. Follow these steps to get set up:
- Sign up for a MessageBird account
- Sign up for a WhatsApp Business account, or set up one of our other communication channels
Step two: Connect everything in the MessageBird Dashboard
Once you've set up your MessageBird account and selected the channel that you'd like to use, you can set up the pre-made flow. Follow these steps to be able to understand what your customers are asking, and respond in their language.
- Download the pre-made language recognition and translation flow
- Log in to your MessageBird Dashboard
- Navigate to Flow Builder
- Click on Import flow and import the language recognition and translation flow
- Click the Omni-channel step to open the step settings
- Select your chosen channel by checking the relevant box
- Click Save in the step settings
- Test the flow by sending a message to your channel!
When you send a message to your channel, you'll receive an automatic message response. This message will ask you to reply in any of these languages:
Once you respond in any of those languages, the flow will guide you through more details about using the translation steps to improve customer engagement. Take a look at the screenshot below to see what the conversation would look like in a WhatsApp chat.