Let your customers know when you’re open and when you’re closed by setting your business hours in Inbox.
By default, your business hours are set to Open 24/7. To set your regular business hours, create a ticket in Inbox when a customer messages you outside of your business hours, and set an out of office greeting, follow these steps:
- Go to the automations page in your Inbox settings
- Under Business hours, select Custom business hours
- Check to see that the correct Time zone is displayed. If not, you can choose the correct one from the drop-down menu
- Under Regular business hours, toggle the Monday button to Open or Closed. If you choose Open, specific opening hours will appear. By default, these are set to Monday-Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM. If this matches your business hours, then you don’t need to do anything! If not, simply edit these to reflect your organization’s regular business hours. Repeat this step for each of the days of the week
- Under Out of office settings, the Create a ticket in Inbox to be able to pick it up during business hours box is checked by default. This means that when a customer messages you outside of your business hours, a ticket will be created so that you can respond when you’re back. If you don’t want to create a ticket when a customer messages you outside of business hours, just uncheck this box!
- Check the Set an out of office greeting box. In the open text field that appears, enter an out of office message. This message will be sent to customers when they send you a message outside of your business hours
- Click Save and publish to set your business hour automations live!