In this guide, you’ll learn how to implement a conversational flow that looks up the closest location of your business on WhatsApp or Telegram using Flow Builder. You can use this for onboarding users or enhancing customer support journeys.
- MessageBird account
- WhatsApp for Business account or any other channel from MessageBird's offering
- GCP account.
Step 1: Sign up for GCP
2. Create a new GCP project
3. Create an API key in GCP
4. Look for and enable Google Places API
Step 2: Connect it all in the MessageBird Dashboard
2. Import the sample flow.
3. Select your WhatsApp or Telegram for the first step in the flow.
4. Replace the values in the Set Variables step accordingly.
5. Publish your flow in the top-right corner of your screen, and you're good to go!
6. Done! To try the flow, initiate a conversation with your WhatsApp or Telegram channel, select option 7 and send through a location. You should receive back the nearest Google Maps listing of the business.
And that’s it! 🎉 Now you know how to set up Google Places on WhatsApp and Telegram using Flow Builder.