- Be the manager of your MessageBird Inbox account
- Be an admin for your Wix store
Enabling the Omnichannel chat widget
2. Go to Inbox settings.
3. Click on Channels and open Omnichannel Widget
4. Customize your widget settings to make it match the style of your Wix store (logo, colours, agent name).
5. Under Location make sure to whitelist your store’s website address (e.g. https://mystore.com) to signal Inbox — it should accept chat requests coming from your Wix store.
6. Done? Awesome! Hit Publish changes and activate the widget. You can always come back and change the Inbox settings.
7. Now that we finished the configuration on the Inbox side, let’s copy the code snippet by clicking Get code snippet.
Attaching widget to your Wix store
Time to add the code by injecting it to every page via a custom tracking script.
1. Go to your Wix store admin page, https://editor.wix.com/
2. Go to Settings and select Tracking and analytics from the sidebar.
3. Scroll down to the Advanced section and tap Tracking & Analytics.
4. Choose to add a Custom new tool (top-right on the page).
5. Paste the code snippet in the Paste the code snippet here input box and follow these steps:
- Give it a name: e.g. MessageBird Omnichannel Chat Widget
- Add code to Pages: select the pages you’d like the widget to appear on (leave all pages if in doubt)
- Select Load code once for loading options
- Select Body - end as the Place Code in option
6. And that’s it! Save the changes, publish the new site version and the Omnichannel Chat Widget will be visible on your Wix store.