If you are having issues sending a Message Template, we have some tips and tricks to troubleshoot this below. Please note that you can only send Message Templates if your application has been approved and if a WhatsApp channel has been activated.
Sending via the API
Check your template settings
Within your template manager you are able to check the following:
- Is your template approved? Unapproved templates cannot be sent yet.
- Are you using the right template name? Make sure that the approved template name matches your API call
- Is the language the same in the template manager and the request? For example, Your template has been approved in Spanish but the language code in your API call is English, this will not work. In this case, you would need to submit a template in English or send using the code for Spanish language.
- Is your number of parameters correct? If your template has been approved including 5 parameters, make sure that you have 5 in your message.
- Are you using the right namespace ID? If your namespace ID is incorrect, you will not be allowed to send a message.
- Are you formatting your contacts correctly? You can read more info here on how to format your contacts: Formatting your contact numbers
- Do you have enough balance to send your messages? You can top up here.
Tips: In our documentation for developers there is an example request for sending a template message. We would highly recommend use it and replace the information with your own.
If the issue persists, please reach out to our Support team with your API call and the API response.
Sending via the Dashboard
If you are having issues sending a Message Template via the dashboard, please reach out to our team. We will be able to help troubleshoot this for you and fix any possible issues. Please provide us with the following information:
- Your channel ID
- The relevant template name