In this guide, you’ll learn how to use and create Actions with Inbox.
Actions is an Inbox feature that allows you to send content from your tickets to another platform such as Slack. As a result, Actions allows agents to get things done without having to leave Inbox, streamlining their work and saving them time.
How to use Actions?
- In the client’s conversation, tap the + sign next to the attachment icon. This will display all possible Actions.
- Select the Action you want. For our example, we’ll choose Send to Slack.
- You'll see a modal with a free-text space. Enter the message that will be displayed on the Slack channel, for example, “This payment has not been processed. Posting this to the channel for visibility” and tap Submit to confirm.
- Awesome! The Action will be reflected in your Inbox ticket, if you want to see the Action’s details, simply click View.
- And that’s it! Now you know how to use Inbox Actions.
How to create Actions?
- Keep in mind that only managers can create Actions. Go to inbox.messagebird.com, tap Settings on the side navigation, select Actions from the sub-navigation and click Add action. This will take you to the following modal:
- Enter a Name and the channel’s Webbook URL. Tap Add when you’re finished.
- Make the name as descriptive as possible, so your team can choose the right Action. It might be a good idea to include the name of the Slack channel in the Action name, for example, Send to #support-amsterdam.
- You can find your Webhook URL in the Incoming Webhooks tab of your Slack app. Learn more about webhooks in this Slack guide.
- And that’s it! Now you know how to create Actions in Inbox.