When using Inbox, you'll want to add and edit your contacts to keep your information up-to-date and provide great customer service!
Adding contacts to Inbox
There are three ways that you can add contacts to Inbox:
- By importing a CSV file. This option is great for bulk uploads, as you can add up to 100,000 contacts at a time. Use this option if you're migrating contacts from an old system to Inbox.
- By manually adding an individual contact. This option is useful if you have a small number of existing contacts that you'd like to start chatting with through Inbox, or if a customer has contacted you on a channel that's not connected to Inbox.
- By adding a contact from a ticket. This option is useful when a customer has reached out to you who has reached out to you on a channel that's connected to Inbox, and they've given you their contact information while you've been chatting to them.
Editing existing Inbox contacts
From Inbox Contacts
- Log in to Inbox.
- Click the Contacts icon on the sidebar. This will show you a list of all of your existing contacts.
- Select the contact that you want to edit, or use the searchbar on the left-hand side of your screen to search for them.
- Under the Actions column, click on the three dots, then click Edit. A pop-up will open.
- Make your changes to the contact information, then click Confirm to save your changes.
From an Inbox Ticket
- On the top-right corner of a customer ticket, you can select “Customer Details”
- Click on the arrow this tab and you will find all the available customer details
- If you would like to change any information such as their name, or add any extra information such as their “area” or more, you can Edit the contact details.
- Edit the information and select Confirm to save the contact.