A business account on WhatsApp can either be listed as an “Official Business Account” or a regular "Business account".
Also known as the "green tick", having an Official Business Account enables you to have a more branded presence on WhatsApp and offer a better customer experience. Among other benefits, the business name is visible on the WhatsApp profile, rather than just a phone number—even if the user hasn’t added your business as a contact.
How to request an Official Business Account?
WhatsApp does not allow all companies to have Official Business Accounts, that’s why MessageBird must send an application for each business.
For us to send the application, simply follow the steps below:
- Make sure your Facebook Business account has been successfully verified.
- Go to the WhatsApp channel configuration in your MessageBird Dashboard.
- Select a channel name from the list.
- At the foot of the page, you’ll see Enable two-factor authentication.
- Set a 6 digit pin and click Save.
- Once you’ve set the pin, please send an email requesting a WhatsApp Official Business Account at firstname.lastname@example.org
- And that’s it! We’ll send the request on your behalf and send you a confirmation email once it's approved.
Please keep in mind that the verification decision is entirely at the discretion of WhatsApp. Listing a business as an Official business account is based on a variety of factors, such as being a notable brand.