A business account on WhatsApp can either be listed as an “Official Business Account” or a regular "Business account". Also known as the "green tick", having an Official Business Account enables customers to have a more branded presence on WhatsApp and offer a better customer experience. Among other benefits, the business name is visible on the WhatsApp profile, rather than just a phone number—even if the user hasn’t added the business as a contact.
How does it work?
WhatsApp does not allow all companies to have Official Business Accounts, that’s why MessageBird must send an application for each business.
For us to send the application, simply follow the steps below:
- Go to your WhatsApp channel configuration.
- Select a channel name from the list.
- At the foot of the page, you’ll see “Enable two-factor authentication”.
- Set a 6 digit pin and click Save.
- Once you’ve set the pin, please send an email requesting a WhatsApp Official Business Account to our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- And that’s it! We’ll send the request on your behalf and send you a confirmation email once it's approved.
Listing a business as an "Official business account" is based on a variety of factors, such as being a notable brand. Please keep in mind that the verification decision is entirely at the discretion of WhatsApp.