Business hours workflow
Like most businesses, you may have working hours set up within which you're able to respond to your customers. It's important to have a way of letting your customers know that in case they reach out outside those hours, their inquiry will still be answered, perhaps you can even automatically share your FAQ via a simple bot.
How to set up a business hours workflow in your Inbox?
1. Go to your Inbox interface and select ‘Settings’ from your navigation bar.
2. Now select ‘Flows’ from your sub-navigation bar.
3. A list of all your saved flows will be automatically displayed. By default, there will be only one. Click on this flow to start editing.
4. This will bring you to an open Flow Builder view with ‘Omni-channel’ as the trigger of your flow. It will look like this:
5. Let’s start setting up your business hours workflow, Add a new step by hovering on the space before the ‘Create Contact Center Ticket’ step, and clicking the appearing ‘+’. A search box will be displayed, search for the ‘Date / Time’ step and confirm.
6. The step form will be displayed on the right-hand side of your screen. You'll see some values pre-filled by default and two branches, one with criteria of Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm (9:00-17:00); and else (all cases that do not match the first criteria). It will look like this:
7. If your business hours are different than those set by default, simply edit the values in the form. Click on the pencil icon, the form will expand, and you’ll be able to edit the hours, weekdays, or even specific dates—for example, your business hours might not include the 1st of January.
8. Have you finished filling in your exact business hours? Great, now click on ‘Save’. The ‘Create Contact Center Ticket’ step will be dragged inside the first branch. It will look like this:
9. In the ‘Else’ branch, you can create an automated message you would like to be sent to your customers once they reach out to your business—you can do so by hovering on the space below the ‘Else’ and clicking the appearing ‘+’. A search box will be displayed, search for the ‘Reply to a channel message’ step and confirm.
10. In the step form displayed on the right-hand side of your screen, fill in the content of your message. Don’t forget to mention your business hours, so customers know when they can reach out to you.
11. If your customers are trying to reach out to your business ours, it might be a good idea to also attach a link to your FAQ page in the message. That way, they might be able to find an answer to their doubts in advance.
12. You can also set up a quick bot answering some common questions automatically:
Customize your business hours automated flow according to your needs, when it’s ready ‘Publish’ your flow in the top right corner of your screen, and you're good to go!
From now on, every time a customer reaches out to you, they will receive the automated response with the message you set during Step 6 of this quickstart.
What happens then? When a customer reaches out to you, your flow will detect if it’s outside or within your business hours and will trigger the flows accordingly. If it’s within business hours, the message will open a new ticket case that will automatically appear in your Inbox queue. Now all you have to do is pick it up.