If you are not receiving messages on your VMN (Virtual Mobile Number) please check the following points before reaching out to us:
- Numbers are designed for local traffic instead of international traffic. For example, if you have a UK VMN and your users are from the US sending messages from their US number (to the UK VMN), you won't be able to receive messages on the UK VMN due to the restrictions that do not permit international messaging.
- Numbers are designed for two-way communication with a SIM card phone number. They cannot be to be used to verify user accounts for receiving login codes and especially those of financial institutions. This is strictly prohibited and the use of a Number to receive OTP will result in the suspension of the account.
- You cannot use an alpha Sender ID if you want end-users to reply back to your virtual mobile number. This means if you send out messages with a name (your company name, for example), your customers will not be able to reply to that message. If you would like to receive messages from your end-users, you need to use your VMN as the originator.
- Country restrictions do apply when using Numbers. You can find specific restrictions per country in our Country Info and restriction article.
If the above reasons were excluded already, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the following information:
- Samples with the originator and recipient number
- Date and timestamp (including timezone)
- Screenshot of the message from the handset that sent a message to the VMN.