Sometimes, a company may no longer have access to the original email used to sign up for a MessageBird account and would need to transfer the ownership of the MessageBird workspace to another user. Don't worry, you can quickly change the ownership to a new email address. To do this, there are a few different scenarios you might encounter to set this up:
Do you have access to the original MessageBird account?
Only the current owner of a workspace can make someone else in charge, that is, transfer the ownership of the Account to another person. If you have access to the current owner's account, you can take the following steps:
Go to the top-right corner of the MessageBird Dashboard, make sure you're on the right Workspace, and select "Your Account" from the drop-down menu
Then select "Users" or make your way here.
Click on the blue button "+ Add new user", input the new email address, and select the role. Hit "Add" when done. Keep in mind that for now, the only available role will be "Administrator." Once you delete the old email you'll be able to change it to "Owner".
We'll send an invitation to the Workspace to the new email. Go to your mailbox, accept the invitation and set up a new password.
If you want the new email to work as the new the account owner, delete the old email from the list of users, and hit "Make owner" next to the new email account.
Do you have access to the original account's email inbox?
If you are unable to access the MessageBird workspace using the original account, but are able to access the user's email inbox, you can:
- Reset the MessageBird password here.
- If the new email address has not been added yet as a User, you can add them by clicking on the Workspace name in the upper-right corner. You can then select "Users" from the drop-down menu or make your way here.
- The new User will need to accept the invitation into the Workspace in an email sent to their inbox.
- Once they have accepted the Workspace invitation, you will then be able to click on the ‘Make Owner’ button next to their email address in the Users page.
What if I don't have access to the account nor the email inbox?
If this is the case for you, we will be happy to help!
Please reach out to us via email to transfer ownership from the same company email domain using the web-widget on the bottom-right of our website.
Please be sure to include:
- The original email address (workspace owner)
- The new email address you want to transfer the ownership to
- The reason for transferring the ownership of the account