If you are not receiving messages on your Virtual Mobile Number, please check the following points before reaching out to us:
- Numbers are optimised for local traffic instead of international traffic. For example, if you have a UK VMN and your users who are from the US are sending messages from their US numbers, as per VMN limitation you won't be able to receive messages as the traffic is international.
- Numbers are designed for two-way communication with a SIM card phone number. They cannot be to be used to verify user accounts for receiving login codes and especially those of financial institutions. This is strictly prohibited and the use of a Number to receive OTP will result in the suspension of your account.
- You can't use an alphanumeric Sender ID while using the Virtual mobile number. This means that when you send out messages with a name, your customers will not be able to reply. If you would like to receive messages from your users, you need to use a VMN as an originator.
- Some restrictions do apply when using Numbers. You can find specific restrictions per country on our Country Info & restrictions page
If above reasons were excluded already, please provide us with the following information:
- Samples with the originating number and recipient number
- Date and time the messages were sent
- Screenshot of the message sent from the originating number