Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is an automated menu system that interacts with callers, gathers information, and routes calls to the most appropriate people within your team.
IVR works with the combination of options (which can be created directly in the Flow Builder) and the buttons users press on their phones. IVR allows responses and actions such as forwarding a call, contact management, callbacks, email, SMS and more!
HOW TO SET IT UP:
Go to 'Flow Builder' on the left panel of your Dashboard and use the template 'Easy Phone Menu'
The template looks like this :
- Select the phone number to be used.
- Click on the ‘Say’ Step, and set up a welcome message of your choice which explains to the callers which numbers they can press (press 1 for…, press 2 for….), you can also choose language, male/female voice, timeout duration, and more. Click on 'save' when ready.
- Click on the ‘IVR menu’ Step. Select the keys you would like to activate in the menu. Click on 'save'.
- Under each key, you can set actions (Steps), such as forwarding the call to another phone number, ending the call, and more. Remember to click on 'save' when you add new Steps or set up Attributes.
- When you are done building your IVR menu, click on ‘Save draft’ if you wish to modify it later, or ‘Publish’ on the right top of the screen to make it live.