When you send marketing campaigns, you need to provide an option to your recipients to Opt-out and/or In to your marketing SMS. This article shows you step by step how to set up those options.
Before you start
- In the Contacts tab, create two groups, 1 for the Opt-In's and 1 for Opt-Outs as per below:
Creating the Flow
- In Flow Builder on the left panel of your dashboard, select FlowBuilder
→ ‘Automatic SMS subscriptions’ template.
- Select the number that will receive the messages from your customers, then click ‘Save’.
- On your Flow, select ‘Subscribe to group’
- Select the folder you would like customers that have opted in to be stored, then click ‘Save’
- Now select ‘Unsubscribe from group’
- Select the campaign folder so that customers that have opted out will be removed from the campaign group, then click ‘Save’
- You are all set! Click ‘Publish’ on the top right and your automatic SMS subscriptions are live.
Here’s a video on how to set it up
How the Flow will work
Upload all the contacts you want to send campaigns to in a group (‘My campaign’ on the example above’)
Send a campaign with the content like ‘Please reply with OPTIN to subscribe or OPTOUT to unsubscribe’
Customers that reply with:
a. ‘OPTIN’ will be added to the ‘Opted-in’ group and will receive an auto-response.
b. ‘OPTOUT’ will be removed from the campaign group ‘My campaign’ and will receive an auto-response.
c. ‘HELP’ will receive an auto-response.
d. Anything else, will receive an auto-response.
You can customize all the steps in the Flow:
- The trigger words for responses from your customers.
- Manage the wording of auto-responses.
- The groups which customers subscribe and unsubscribe into. Tip: Keep track of contacts that have opted out by adding a ‘Subscribe to group’ step to a separate folder