What does it do?
Within your Dashboard you can store contacts to send SMS. Managing your contacts from our Dashboard allows you to easily send messages, customize your campaigns and lets you create groups to manage.
Follow our step-by-step guide on how to add, delete and manage your contacts. You will also learn how to create contact groups.
Where to go to manage your Contacts?
A new window will pop up and you’ll have the choice to import list or create a single contact.
- Add file
- If you have created a list of contacts, you can import the document in .xls, .xlsx, .csv or .txt format. Drop the file or click on ‘Choose file’
- You can also use the option to Paste text
- You can also just type your contact details and use a delimiter for each row.
- For example: 11234567890;John;Doe
- Make sure every number includes a country code!
- Choose a delimiter
- Leave it as automatic if you import a file but you can choose a delimiter depending on how you paste the text. In our example above, the delimiter is ;
- Choose action
- Select ‘Add contacts’
- Add to Group
- Don’t add contacts to a group
- Group name is a column in the file: a group has been mentioned in the file
- Select a group: a group has been created before
- Name of a new group: create a new group of contacts
- Select ‘Add contacts’
Add a single contact (manually)
Below number, you can either type the number including the country code or (if you are not sure or don’t know it) select the country in the drop down menu before typing the number.
You can choose to include the newly created contact in an existing group or leave it for the moment.
The new contact can also be added to a group later: Add existing contacts to groups
The custom fields are very useful for SMS customisation. You can personalize your message that is specific to this contact.
Delete contacts manually
If you only have a single contact or few contacts to delete, you can do it manually.
- Locate the contact in your contact list.
- Click once on the 3 dots icon to expand the menu.
- Click on the trash bin logo to delete the contact.
Delete multiple contacts
If you have a file of contacts that you would like to delete, you can simply:
- Click on ‘+Add Contact’
- Drop or choose the file
- Expand the menu ‘Choose action’
- Select ‘Remove contacts”
If you do not have a file of contacts that you would like to delete, you can export your list of contacts and then follow the steps above.