In order to provide you with the high-quality services you expect from us as well as to fulfill our legal and contractual obligations, we share data with third parties. These parties include the telecom service suppliers we engage to ensure that communications reach their final destination as well as the vendors who support our day-to-day business, such as payment processors. MessageBird will take the appropriate steps to ensure that our vendors, both in and outside the European Economic Area (EEA), have sufficient guarantees and safeguards in place to properly treat and protect your customers’ and your personal data in accordance with the applicable laws. In practice, MessageBird conducts a vetting process where vendors and suppliers are assessed according to high data protection and security standards. Although you may take part in vendor engagement, we will remain liable for the use of all third-party processors in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. For your reference, you can check the list of current sub-processors here.
Articles in this section
- Is MessageBird compliant with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
- What personal data does MessageBird collect or in any way process?
- What does MessageBird do with the personal data you provide through its services?
- How does MessageBird protect the integrity of its traffic?
- Where does MessageBird store personal data?
- What are the retention periods for personal data?
- Does MessageBird disclose your data to governmental authorities and agencies?
- Can I use MessageBird if I operate in a regulated sector?
- Does MessageBird work with (sub)processors and other third parties?
- How does MessageBird ensure safe transfer and processing to and by companies located outside the EEA?