1. Providing you with a DPA
Our Privacy team has drafted a data processing annex (DPA) that governs the processing of personal data in accordance with data protection requirements and the telecommunication industry’s standards. You can request your pre-signed copy via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I already have a template DPA I would like MessageBird to sign?
As the provider of the service, MessageBird uses its own data processor agreement because our DPA is specifically designed for the provision of telecommunication services. In addition, adapting third-party processor agreements to the service that MessageBird provides as a CPaaS supplier can cost both parties a great deal of time and effort.
The MessageBird agreement is fully in line with the rights and obligations required by the applicable data protection legislation and the telecommunication industry's standard practice.
2. Forwarding your Data Subject requests
MessageBird will fulfill all requests related to the exercising of data subject rights under the applicable law, such as access, erasure, and rectification. Depending on our relationship, you can exercise your right in the following ways:
- As a customer of MessageBird, you can exercise these rights by going to the dashboard’s Privacy & Security settings.
- As an end user, please direct your request to the data controller of your data (often the company using MessageBird). They will process your request via the dashboard.
- As a subscriber to a newsletter/etc., you can direct the request to email@example.com.
3. Deleting your account (and footprints) if you must
If you decide to go, you have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data from MessageBird as a data controller. You can do so by following the instructions set out in our Help Center article.
Please note that after you have successfully deleted your account, we might need to keep certain categories of data in accordance with the applicable laws (our retention periods are specified above).