Using Flow Builder, you can easily build your own IVR menu. Go to Flow Builder in the Dashboard, and create a new flow or use the template ‘Easy phone menu (IVR)’.
- Select the phone number you’d like to attach an IVR menu to.
- Click on the ‘Say’ Step, and set up a welcome message and explain which numbers the users can press (press 1 for…, press 2 for….), you can also choose language, gender of the voice, timeout duration, and more. Click on save when ready.
- Click on the ‘IVR menu’ Step. Select the number keys you would like to activate in the menu. Click on save.
- Underneath each number key, you can set actions (Steps), such as forwarding the call to another phone number, ending the call, etc. Remember to click on save when you add new Steps or set up Attributes.
- When you are done building your IVR menu, click on either ‘Save draft’ or ‘Publish’ on the right top of the screen.
If you are having trouble dragging new steps to the bottom of the flow, make sure to scroll down first by clicking anywhere in the flow and drag the flow up.
Please also see our video tutorial below for learning how to set up an IVR menu:
Congrats! Now you know how to build an IVR menu with Flow Builder. You may want to learn more about how to use other templates: