Using Flow Builder, you can easily build your own IVR menu. You might want your users to call during specific business hours, days, and maybe you have specific dates where you want your flow to work differently; you can do all of these with the Data/Time Step.
Let’s play with a holiday example.
You want your IVR menu to work during your business hours (say the standard 9:00-17:00), on weekdays (Monday - Friday), but not on holidays (January 1st is a non-working holiday for everyone, where you want your flow to behave differently).
- Anytime you add a ‘Date/Time’ Step the default fill-in would be Monday to Friday from 9:00-17:00 (it will look like the image below). Since our example is the same as a default fill-in, just click on save.
- To prevent the flow of being executed on January 1st.
- Click on ‘Add another Date / Time window’.
- Select the ‘not’ tab (instead of within)
- Click on the cross for ‘Time’ and ‘Weekdays’ to delete the default fill-in (Monday-Friday, from 9:00-17:00).
- Beneath ‘Date’ select 1st of January (do not specify the year, since you want the flow to behave this way every year). Click on save when ready.
Let’s play with more specific examples.
It’s important that you know that Date/Time Step uses a 24 hrs time format. If you want something to work from every Friday 18:00 (6:00 pm) till every Saturday 02:00 (2:00 am):
- Select the ‘F circle’.
- For the hours choose 18:00 - 2:00.
If you want to set something to happen on every 1st day of every month.
- Beneath ‘Date’ select 1 (do not specify the month neither the year, since you want the flow to behave this way every 1st day of every month, every year). Click on save when ready.
Let’s say now you want your flow to work for the 1st of each month between say 9:00 and 17:00.
- Beneath ‘Date’ specify the hour range. Click on save when ready.
These are just a few examples; Flow Builder allows you to create completely customized flows, as complex as you need them to be.