Programmable Conversations currently supports WhatsApp, SMS, Telegram, WeChat, Messenger and Line. You’ll be able to connect to a growing directory of communication channels as they become available including Voice, Slack, Twitter, RCS, Apple Business, Chat, Amazon Alexa, Sendgrid, Weibo, Kakao Talk and Video. Supported features can vary per channel.
Articles in this section
- What is Programmable Conversations?
- One API, one customer profile and one conversation view. What does that mean for my business?
- Does the Conversations API give automatic access to Whatsapp for Business?
- What communication channels can my enterprise connect to with Programmable Conversations?
- Can I create my own mix of communication channels and add other channels?
- Does Conversations support audio, video, chat, image and location-sharing?
- How does Programmable Conversations save developer resources?
- What is the difference between the MessageBird Chat API and Programmable Conversations?
- I’m using the Chat API, should I migrate to Programmable Conversations and are there additional costs connected?
- How will the Conversations API help my business optimise our customer engagement?