All WhatsApp Business API accounts are based on a valid phone number. The following rules apply:
- You must own this number
- The number needs to be “clean”, which means it must never have been registered with a WhatsApp user before
- The number must include a country and area code
- The number must be able to receive a call or SMS for the registration step
- Landlines are acceptable phone numbers to use
- Shortcodes are not allowed on the WhatsApp platform
Once you have chosen your business phone number's, please send this to your account manager. They will submit this with WhatsApp, if your number is valid you'll receive a VNAME certificate to connect the number in your MessageBird account.