Email to SMS allows you to send messages directly from your email to the mobile phones of your contacts.
The first thing is to configure the email address that you are going to send from. Click on your username in the top right corner of your dashboard followed by 'Settings'. Go to the 'Email to SMS' tab.
Click on ‘+Email’ on the top right and enter the email address you would like to send from.
You can add as many email addresses as you would like in this section. Configure the settings for the domain by clicking on the edit icon on the right.
- Default originator: If you would like to have the same originator every time, you can select this as an option in your email settings (by clicking on the notepad) here.
- SMS in the subject: The text in the email subject line will be sent as the body of the SMS.
- DLR status: Choose whether you want to receive a status report and which report you would like to receive.
- DLR email address/ Error email address: Specify to which email address you would like to receive status/error reports.
- Voice or SMS Message: Let us know if you want to send SMS or Voice messages from this particular email/domain.
Go to your developers page to set up a live access key. You can navigate there by clicking on 'Developers' followed by 'API-access', or by clicking here. Press '+ Add access key' to create a new key.
Give your access key a description, for instance 'EmailSMS', and choose 'live' for the key type. Press 'Add' to create the access key for your account. You don't need to do anything with the key besides create it.
Now you’re ready to send the message from your email account!
Configure your email
- To: <recipientnumber>@sms.messagebird.com
- Subject line: Originator (unless you have chosen a default sender in the configuration).
- Email Body: Your SMS message (unless you have ticked the option that you want the subject line to be the SMS message).
The SMS will arrive on the phone of you contacts like this:
Sending to groups
You can also send SMS messages from one of the email addresses registered in your MessageBird account to groups of contacts saved in MessageBird. The group name can only contain standard characters and numbers (no spaces or special characters).
To send an Email to SMS message, use the following recipient format: