You can can import your contact lists in bulk to your MessageBird account by uploading a .XLS, .XLSX, .CSV or .TXT file. You can also enter contacts manually one by one here.
Go to Contacts on the left hand side of your account and select Import at the top.
- You will see the following screen. First choose “+Add Contact”
Upload File: Choose or drop your file and select it. The maximum number of contacts per import for CSV files is 50K, for XLSX the maximum is 10K.
Paste text: Paste the numbers into the textbox as shown, separate any extra information either with a comma or semicolon, e.g. 11234567890;John;Doe
- If you want to, you can define your Delimiter, its standard setting is ‘automatic’. This is what is used to separate the different information fields. When you select ‘Automatic’ the system will try its best to identify the different fields.
- If you want to add your contact to a particular group Group, you can select it in the drop down menu or create a new group.
- ‘Don’t add contacts to a group’ - If you want them added to your Address Book, but not to any group yet.
- ‘Group name is indicated in a column’ - If you have the group name or names in your file already.
- ‘Choose an existing group’ - If you want to add them to an existing group in your Address Book.
- ‘Enter the name of a new group’ - If you want to create a new group from these contacts.
Now you can go to the bottom right and select ‘Next’.
- At this step you can verify the information in each column for your contacts. Select the variables from the drop down menus or above the imported information at the top for each column as shown below.
Once done, select next in the bottom right.
All duplicates will be automatically removed by the system, you can see the full overview of duplicates removed, errors and the numbers imported on the Import page at the bottom.
Finished! You’ll automatically return to to your Contacts and view them in there.
N.B. To remove contacts: You can automatically remove numbers from your contacts by importing an excel file of the numbers that you would like to remove. Follow the same steps below- but at step 3 for Action select ‘Remove Contacts’.