In the Contacts menu, you can delete one single contact or a whole page of contacts by clicking on the relevant contacts and pressing 'delete'.
Do you want to delete more contacts in one go? This is possible by using the '+Add contacts' function.
Delete several contacts in one go
- If you have an excel file of contacts that you would like to delete from your address book you can simply follow the instructions in this article here.
- If you would like to export a group from your existing contacts, and then use this file to remove these, first follow the instructions for ‘Exporting Contacts’.
- Once you have the file of contacts that you want to delete, head to the '+Add contacts' part in the Contacts menu:
- Drag & drop or choose the file of contacts that you wish to remove.
- Select the most suited delimiter.
- Select 'remove contacts'.
- Now you can choose between:
- Don't add contacts to a group: This will remove them completely from your MessageBird account.
- Group name is a column in the file: If the group that you would like to remove these contacts from is indicated in the file, you can select this option.
- Select Group: Choose from which of your existing groups you would like to remove these contacts.
- Click 'next' and configure the columns. Confirm by clicking 'next' again.
The chosen contacts will be deleted from your contacts entirely or the chosen group.