We can configure different actions on a keyword for you:
- Inactive: Your keyword is active, but no action will be triggered if somebody sends a message with your keyword to the shortcode. This is mainly used to gather contacts and build a database.
- Direct reply: Have an automatic reply configured to confirm receipt of the message or, for example, thank somebody for voting.
- Forward to URL: We can configure a URL for you to which inbound messages are sent via the API in a GET or POST request.
- Forward to SMPP: Forwards inbound messages to your SMPP account.
- Subscription service: This offers the possibility to have a subscription service with a registration and termination message configured.
For more information on (sub-) keywords and shortcodes take a look at these articles as well: