The time at which you send your SMS messages can have a major impact on the success of your campaign. So, it’s a good idea to experiment with our planning tool.
A famous food delivery service increased its conversion rate with MessageBird by sending promotional messages during the hours before lunchtime rather than early in the morning. They combined this by sending messages with more realistic timings, for example 11:09 rather than 11:00 on the dot. So, remember these simple steps:
- Get to know your target audience
- Experiment with different delivery times
- Make your delivery times look realistic
- When scheduling your messages, these will always be scheduled based on the time zone your account is 'based' in. You can confirm this by going to your username in the top right corner of the dashboard and selecting 'Preferences'.
Scheduling your message is super easy!
1. In the third and final step of sending a message, select ‘Schedule’ to the left of ‘Send’.
2. Specify the year, month, day and time you want to send the message.
3. You can also set the frequency, allowing you to send the same message at regular intervals.
The amount for the campaign will be deducted from your balance provisionally when you schedule your SMS. If you should choose to delete or edit your group SMS, the balance will be adjusted accordingly.
If you then want to cancel or change the scheduled campaign later on, go here to SMS>SMS Overview>Scheduled.
You will be able to edit, or delete your scheduled SMS by clicking on the icons on the right.
You can also check our video below for instructions on how to schedule an SMS: