The MessageBird IFTTT Channel enables you to connect our messaging services to hundreds of other applications and programs. You’ll be able to receive notifications and alerts via SMS, Chat and Voice, or use messages to trigger actions within any app or program featured on IFTTT.
Create an IFTTT Applet that uses SMS messages from your MessageBird VMN is really easy! Just follow these steps:
1. Login to IFTTT—or create an IFTTT account if you haven’t already.
2. Head over to My Applets, which you’ll find near the top-centre of your page.
3. Press the ‘New Applet’ button on the left.
4. Hit the ‘this’ link within the 'if this then that' text.
5. Select 'MessageBird' from the service list.
6. Choose the ‘Incoming SMS’ trigger.
7. Fill in your MessageBird VMN.
8. Enter your MessageBird API token.
If you have a REST API key
Click here, or go to the left-hand side of your Dashboard screen and hit the 'Developers' menu on the left → ‘API access (REST)’ tab→ 'Show Key' button→ hit on the 'Copy' button for copying your REST API key to the clipboard so you can easily paste it later.
If you don’t have a REST API key
Create one by hitting the ‘Add access key’ button on the right side of your screen.
9. Hit ‘Create trigger’ and press the ‘that’ link within the “if this then that” text.
10. Choose the service or action you’d like to use from the list below—an action could be anything from sending an email to set your thermostat to 20 degrees. Click on save when ready.
11. Give your new Applet a name and hit ‘Finish’!
You are all set! Now every time your VMN receives the message you specified, the action that you’ve chosen will be triggered.